Tuesday, January 10, 2006

School's in Session!

Let the fun begin. School started yesterday and now I’ve had a chance to go to every class. It looks like it will be a “good” semester. Not without its challenges, of course….

My weekly schedule is shown below.


My first class is ECE 3530 – Engineering Probability and Statistics. It seems like it is going to be a pretty tough class. From what I am told by those who have taken it, it turns out to be really difficult. We have a big MATLAB project that I am not looking forward to.

My next class is ME EN 2300 – Thermodynamics. This class also looks to be a pretty tough one. If it weren’t required…

I am also taking ECE 5221 – Micromachining. This class is about how tiny devices are made. It think that I am going to enjoy it.

I also have ECE 5720 – Analog Integrated Circuit Design. I think that I am going to enjoy this class. We end up designing our own chip – with the opportunity to have the chip built over the summer.

I have been purchasing my books lately. I bought some of them at the Bookstore, but if I could find them cheaper online then I did that. I think that I have all of them that I need and I ended up spending around $340. I hate having to spend so much on books, especially when one of my books was $147.50. It’s nothing special. Hardcover - yes, full color – not a chance. At least the publishers are getting rich off of students like me that have to take out loans to be able to even go to school.

Well, today was a long day and I am getting tired. Time to feed the fish! Posted by Picasa

No comments: