Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I've Been Outed!

Yesterday at work, I came in from eating my lunch in the breakroom and my boss Sam (name changed to protect the innocent...) came up to me and told me that he knows my secrets and that 'Big Brother' was watching me. I was a little confused but he always says weird things so I wasn't sure what he was talking about. He then told me that he had found my blog. I'd heard that it was common for bosses to 'Google' employees names to dig up trash, etc. but this wasn't the case. He was instead googling 'Feederall' the program that I mainly use at work, and my blog showed up on the first page of hits on Google. I did blog about Feederall once a couple of months ago. I'm pretty impressed that this ting even shows up on Google. Who'd a thunk?

I told him and my coworkers that because I had been outed, that I would have to delete half of my blog because I was mainly writing trash about them. Lucky for me that wasn't true. Just goes to show that if you are going to sign your name to something on the internet, then make sure that it will never show up to haunt you in the future.

No comments: