Tuesday, September 05, 2006

UCLA 31, Utah 10


Well, Utah lost over the weekend to a fabulous UCLA team. The game was at the Rose Bowl (I was there! - more on that at a later date). The starting quarterback for the Bruins was Ben Olsen, who actually went to BYU for a year before leaving on his mission. When he returned, he snubbed the Cougars and signed with the Bruins. After seeing him play, I'm sure that BYU wishes they had him for next year because, he was amazing

Utah on the other hand... They managed to only convert once on third down, going a dismal 1-11. They had one really good drive at the end of the first quarter, and to build on that, Kyle put in a different quarterback. Call me crazy, but it sure felt like a momentum stopper to me.

It was horribly hot at the game and maybe the heat affected the team in some way. I'm not sure. There were probably 8-10,000 Utah fans there though, easily, 15-20% of the people there. The good news is, UCLA vs. Utah in Salt Lake City next year. I'll be there!




No comments: