Thursday, May 24, 2007

100 Books

Most everybody that reads this blog knows that I like to read. A lot. It's one thing that I can't do while school is in session though, because I get sucked in and end up wasting too much time. I recently finished my 100th (documented, there may be some I missed) book since I returned home from my mission. For your summer reading, here is a list of 10 of my favorite books out of those 100 (the link indicates that I've reviewed the book on my booklist - where you can also see a list of the last 100 books that I've read).
  1. The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
  2. Angels & Demons by Dan Brown
  3. The Giver by Lois Lowry
  4. Truman by David McCullough
  5. Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien (I know I'm cheating by including them all in one spot)
  6. Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
  7. The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown (trendy, but I enjoyed it)
  8. Eragon and Eldest by Christopher Paolini
  9. The Long Walk by Slavomir Rawicz
  10. My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
Honorable Mentions:
  • Harry Potter by J. K. Rowling (you choose which one...)
  • 1984 by George Orwell
  • To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  • Map of Bones by James Rollins
  • Sarah by Orson Scott Card

No comments: