Friday, May 11, 2007

How Googleable Are You?


I'm sure that most of the people reading this blog have googled themselves one time or another. If you haven't, then maybe you should. I'll be honest, I do it and I usually enjoy every second of it. I'm usually the top hit when I search for my full name (Tyler Squire, for those unaware) and yesterday I commanded 10 of the top 11 hits. I'm a little off my game because today I'm only sitting at 8 of the first 10. It changes quite a bit, because web pages that were top hits yesterday are now buried on the third or fourth page.

Even more interesting is my personal moniker tysqui. As far as I could tell, a good 90% or more of the 40 or 50 search results referred back to me. Now I just need to work on not embarrassing myself online - at least not until I get a permanent job right?

So good readers, where do you land in the search results?

notes:
  • If you don't think that googleable is a useable word, see here or check out the definition.
  • Take care when googling your name because somebody with whom I share a name has a foul-mouthed website...
  • When (not if) you do Google your name, be sure to place quotation marks around your name or you will never show up.

2 comments:

Clark said...

There are some benefits to having a weird name. Googling "Clark Blockburger" (in quotes) give 15 hits, which apply are 100% about me. Even with out the quotes, I'm still the top 6, and #7 is about my grandmother's second husband. Beyond that Blockburger locates lots of legal references.

Anonymous said...

Ty, I am not googleable at all. how sad. You on the other had are very
googleable.