Wednesday, December 15, 2021

Tour de New Mexico - Day 5

Day 5 - July 4, 2018 - El Paso to Albuquerque

Today we made our way back north to catch our flight home.


Happy 4th! We celebrated with breakfast at the Embassy Suites (they had Texas shaped waffles that my daughters still talk about).


All dressed in the red, white and blue!


We stopped at White Sands National Monument (and just a few months after our visit it was elevated to be a National Park).



Yep, still in my onesie, or as my daughters call it, my birthday suit 😳...


Majestic.




McGinn's Pistachioland!


We made it to the airport where everybody took turns on the iPad. 


Snacks in Vegas. 


I tried my hand at Buffalo Gold to see if I could win enough to pay for our trip. Spoiler alert, I didn't. 


Flying over the Grand Canyon.


Looks like we had the plane to ourselves.  One cool thing as we were coming into land in SLC was that we were flying over the valley at around 10PM and there were fireworks all around us.  It was really cool to see the Independence Day celebrations from the sky!  Happy 4th, 2018!

Our next bloggable trip will be a road trip to the north country. Stay tuned!


No comments: