Wednesday, February 13, 2008

More Snow?!

A few tidbits from the last week:
  • The few days before today were just beautiful. Today it snowed heavily from 2:00-8:00 and driving home from work on the interstate my undercarriage was dragging along the snow in the middle of the lane. Another good reason for me to try and lose a few pounds. We've had at least 3 storms dropping 8-12" of snow and many more dropping fewer inches.
  • I've had 3 job interviews this week.
  • I'm excited to have another girl (if you didn't read that on Al's blog, we found out Monday that we are having a girl). Hopefully Ada and Baby Who Shall Not Yet Be Named will enjoy playing with each other.
  • I've had a miserable cold the last few days. I think that I have a pretty high pain threshold (I stayed at school all day after I broke my arm in 4th grade in 1st recess) but I'm a huge wuss, pansy, wimp, etc. when it comes to body aches and chest/gut pain.
  • I often wonder if Ada isn't a prodigy.
  • I saw this article the other day about the coldest places in the world. I lived in Russia (and it was cold) but I was in a comparatively warm part of Russia. Send this article to anybody complaining of the cold (unless they live in Yakutsk).
  • I drive through 23 lights going to work and 24 lights coming home. If they're not timed very well it can take a long time...
  • We went to dinner yesterday at Romano's Macaroni Grill for Valentine's Day. They've got good bread.

4 comments:

alisquire said...

I think you're right about the prodigy.

Taylor said...

I sometimes wonder if Hannah isn't insane. Well...maybe not insane... but at least a little looney.

Romano's (I can never bring myself to say "Macaroni Grill") does has excellent bread.

Rachelle said...

For some reason this post made me laugh aloud. I dont know what it was exactly but it's freakin hilarious. In fact I cant stop laughing here at work.
By the way, I do think Ada is a prodigy, a cute prodigy as well. She is so smart!!

sdande said...

Congrats on another baby girl Tyler! A few weeks ago it was -24 degrees as I walked to school. It was the coldest weather I had ever been in and I could hardly stand being outside for a few minutes...but after reading that article my -24 in Iowa seems like weak sauce compared to -128 in the south pole or any of those Russian cities. Those people who live there are crazy!