Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Berkeley, CA

I think that one of the reasons that I don't blog very much lately, is that my brain has me convinced that every post needs to have something substantial (i.e. I can't just post a photo or thought).  I need to get out of that mindset, this post should do the trick...

In April, I went on a trip to visit a lighting manufacturer's design center in Berkeley, California. We flew into Oakland, checked into the Doubletree Hotel at the Berkeley Marina and then took the VIP bus to dinner.

The bus had a stripper pole that unfortunately went unused, but in a severe lapse of judgment, I touched that thing (obviously while pretending to put on my own show...).  I'm still not sure if my hands are clean yet.

The next day was spent at Peerless Lighting.  I enjoy visiting factories and manufacturers on these trips, they've got to be pretty confident in their products to give hands-on demonstrations and behind-the-scenes tours.

We flew home early the next morning.  It would have been nice to have had a day to spend in San Francisco, but we'll save that for another trip.

San Francisco from the flight home.

No comments: