Thursday, December 22, 2005

3 Days Before Christmas...

It's so nice to have a few days off of school. It's nice to have some of the associated stress taken off of my back and it's been nice to just "hang out" a little bit. I've been working a little, watching some of the first bowl games and playing a little Playstation 2 (It's my neightbors).

On Tuesday I went with Mom, Kevin, Alysia and Ellie shopping at the Outlet Stores in Park City. I didn't buy anything, but I was looking for stuff to buy for just about everybody :). Tuesday night I got 1/2 of my home teaching done. I visited the Adams' with Ryan Garlick.

Yesterday (Wednesday) I had a dentist appointment. I went to get some fillings and sealants replaced. I didn't have any new cavities last time I went, but they still had to drill out my old fillings and sealants and put some new ones in. At least the new ones are "tooth" colored - whereas my old ones were silver. After that Alison and I went to Cottonwood Mall to do a little shopping. We were able to buy for Rachelle and Emily.

Today I ran errands most of the morning. Lurp (The Geo Prizm) hasn't been starting. I think that the battery is dead (i.e. unrechargeable) and so I bought a new one and put it in. I got the new battery for $40 at Wal-Mart and the similar battery was $60 at Pep Boys. I read a couple of months ago that Wal-Mart's batteries were actually rated higher than any others. It was a surprise even to the editors if I recall. Tonight, BYU played Cal in the Las Vegas Bowl. It looked many times as if BYU was going to get killed but they were able to always stick in there and they only lost by 7. I don't normally cheer for BYU but I would like to see the Mountain West win all of their bowl games. It would be nice for the conference. While the game was going on I made nutty buddies (the peanut butter, chocolate and powdered sugar coated Chex snacks) to give out to our friends and neighbors. They seemed to turn out well. We'll probably give them out tomorrow.

As far as Christmas goes, I getting closer. I still haven't made any purchases for Mom and Dad, but I think that I've got everyone else covered. Other than that, everything is going well. Looks like it's time to go feed my frog.

No comments: