Friday, December 09, 2005

Ahh. December.

Christmas is quickly approaching. This only means a few things. First off, Finals are coming quickly. For me, they actually start on Monday and run through next Friday. Today was my “reading day.” What did I do today? Hmm. Not read much unfortunately.

My first final is on Monday and will actually be the most difficult for me. It’s in ECE 3500 (Signals and Systems). I’ve actually found the class to be very interesting. It’s been tough for me to answer questions the way that they are asked by the teacher on the quizzes and exams. I’ve got to get a pretty good grade on the final if I want a decent grade in the class. On the final exam we are allowed one sheet of notes but no calculator. Now, if only I knew how to integrate….

My next final is on Wednesday. It is for my math class (PDE’s or Partial Differential Equations). This exam could very easily be the hardest one material wise but the teacher has proven to only test moderately difficult. We are allowed to use our notes, books, calculators, etc. That makes it easier to be able to take the exam when time is short. I should have an A out of the class – unless I bomb the final.

On Thursday I have a final in ECE 3110. This class is Engineer Electronics II. It has mainly focused on microelectronics and circuit design. I’ve enjoyed the class but it’s been a lot of work (they all have). Right now I have an A- in the class. If I do well on the final I should be fine, especially after the curve is put in place.

My last final is in ECE 3300 Electromagnetics and Transmission Lines. This class has probably required the most time overall. The final exam will be 4 hours (from 6-10 AM). I should be able to do quite well on it if I study hard. I will sure be glad when this test is over.

I know that what I’ve written so far today isn’t exactly the most interesting stuff, but it’s what consumes my life right now. Some days it seems that all day every day is engineering. That’s not really a bad thing because it’s what I’ll be doing for the rest of my life but, when I’ve got homework, tests or quizzes that I should be studying for or doing on the back of my mind it takes the fun out of relaxing.

Alison has been a little sick the last couple of days. A fever mainly, so not really anything too bad. Still it’s not fun for her and I hate it when she's feeling bad. It’s sure been hard to study the last two days because she has been home sick from work. It’s been tough to force myself to focus. I will sure need to tomorrow because it’s my last day to study for my Monday test (the most important one). At there won’t be any college football on TV to take me away from my studying. That’s always a struggle during the fall.

Tonite we won the 400 court door-decorating contest. I hung a couple of strands outside our apartment. I think it looks great. From what I can tell, we have more lights than anyone in the village. I’m sure when I grow up and have a real house, I’ll be one of those guys that just totally over does it with the Christmas lights. That kind of scares me. J

I’ve obviously got nothing too exciting to report. The Jazz got killed tonite, at home, by the Seattle Supersonics. They’re only 3-8 at home so far this year. Ouch. At least they’re playing a little better on the road.

Tonite we were supposed to go to Temple Square to see the lights with our ward. We didn’t go because Alison wasn’t feeling well. I hope that it was well attended. On that note, I will leave with a photo of Temple Square at Christmas time and I will go to feed my fish.

Good night.

No comments: