Saturday, December 17, 2005

School's Out!

Hooray! 8 semesters down and now only 3 to go! It's sure nice to have finals over with. Unfortunately, everything starts again in 3 weeks. I'm barely starting to enjoy the break by that time. Oh well....

Let's see. It was a busy couple of days and I will try to relate anything of interest that happened. On Thursday morning I had my ECE 3110 (Microelectronics) Final Exam. The test was tough but I think that I was able to get a pretty decent grade out of it. I'm avaraging a 90.5 on the tests in that class so it wasn't quite as critical that I aced the test, but I still wanted and needed to do well to get a good grade. After the test I came home and began studying for my next final. On Thursday, as well, I spent time posting Jordan's e-mails to a new weblog that I have created for him. I won't disclose the address to that blog at this time because I want to get permission from him for creating it before I really make it public. Thursday night Alison and I stopped by Wal-mart to buy children's book for a sub-for-santa that we are helping with. It's for Alison's work and we thought that we could help somehow.

Friday I had my ECE 3300 (electromagnetics and transmission lines) Final Exam. It started at 6:00 AM and went until 10:00. I used most of the time and I was only taking 2 out of 3 sections of the exam. The class is set up with 3 midterms. There is a corresponding section of each midterm on the final exam. If you do well on all three midterms then you don't have to take the final at all. If, like me, you do really well on one midterm (98) but not as well on the other midterms, then you can take the two parts of the final and skip the part that you did well on. Most (if not all) students were there because the tests have been really tough. I think that I will get a better grade on the final than I did on the midterms, but we'll have to see. Either way the best grade out of the two is taken.

After my last final I had an interview for an internship at Pacificorp. The interview went really well, the only problem for me is my lack of experience with AutoCAD and some other programs that they were looking for. There were three interviewees in the room and they all took turns asking various questions. I can't remember most of them. Some were to test my techinical knowledge, others were to see how I respond to problems and challenges. I would love to get an offer to work there, but as I mentioned, I am lacking in some of the areas of qualification.

I wasn't feeling very well today so after the interview I came home and lied down for a little while before I had to go to work. It was a good day at work though. I had 6 appointments and after about the 3rd, I was actually feeling a little bit better. I think that I've caught a sore throat that Alison had and now my allergies are kicking in as well as an achy body.

Friday night we ate at Arctic Circle and then stopped by Mcdonald's to rent Cinderella Man. It's a boxing movie with Russell Crowe. It was a really good film. It's set during the depression and the acting, filming and cinematography were done very well. Many think that Russell Crowe should be nominated for an Oscar for the film - after watching it, I would say that I agree with them.

All in all Finals week went pretty well. All of my tests except for my first one (see Mondays post) went as well as I expected. It's sure nice to have them over with, now I need to relax, do some Christmas shopping and get feeling a little better!

No comments: