Sunday, October 01, 2006

Boise State 36, Utah 3



Well, There is certainly not much to say about this game other than it was Homecoming and the Utes were given a good old fashioned butt-whooping by the Broncos. I have never attended a game at any level in which the team that I was cheering for was outplayed on every side of the ball like the Utes were yesterday.

On the other hand I've got to give props to Boise State. They played a fantastic game. They dominated the Utes on offense, defense and everything in between. There were also a ton of Boise State fans at the game. If I knew my team was that good, then 5 hours is a short drive to watch them destroy the team that allegedly kept them out of the BCS the last time that they had an undefeated season (2004). I'll be behind Boise State for the rest of the season. TCUs out of the BCS running and now Boise State is the only team with a chance to make it from the non-BCS conferences.

How good or how bad is Utah? That is a question that still may not be answered for a couple of weeks. Of the two division I teams that Utah has played and killed, neither has won a game yet. I think that BYU won't have too much difficulty in winning the conference but I hope that the Utes or another team can put a wrench into those plans ;).


No comments: