Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Kauai - Day 4

Day 4 - Island Flight - January 14, 2018

We started the day out by going to church.




Oddly enough, one of the other engineers from my firm was in Kauai at the same time and came to the same church. It was fun to see him and his family.


We had some time before our next activity, so we went to a movie. I can't remember what movie it was. I'm not even sure I stayed awake, so no wonder...


We booked a flight around the island in a small plane. We're at the airport waiting for our turn.





Loading up.


Wings over Kauai.







Saying goodbye to the ground.



We spotted a few humpback whales.


Poipu Beach, where we had been yesterday.


We saw lots of waterfalls.



A little different view of Waimea Canyon.



And now the beautiful Napali Coast.






The humming of the engines put Lyla right to sleep.


Wailua Falls from the air. 


And these same falls from the ground.


There was a guy with a pet pig there.  Of course the girls were in heaven.


Today's shaved ice is brought to you by Ono Ono Shaved Ice in Kapa'a. Not bad.

 
For dinner we met up with my coworker and his family at Verde Mexican Restaurant in Lihue.


We returned back to the hotel and I flew my drone for a bit.  This was our hotel.


The view of the hotel from the ocean. The rock enclosure was part of the State Beach. A perfect place for kids to swim.


Hi Lyla (you can also see me flying in the background).


A dronie.

Tomorrow we head to the north side of the island.

No comments: