Monday, January 04, 2021

Amsterdam - Day 7

 Day 7 - Amsterdam Day 1 - April, 4, 2018

Today was spent exploring Amsterdam. 


First order of business was breakfast. Preferable for Kate, something with ice cream and chocolate.




We stopped by the famous flower market. I should have had some tulip bulbs shipped home. 



On our way to the science museum.  This was the bike parking near the train station.  Lots and lots of bikes. 


The girls loved the NEMO Science Museum.  It was great for them to be able to explore and find different exhibits and activities. 


Practicing drawing perspectives.



There were some interesting exhibits as well.  For example, here we practiced our french kiss.


We loved the beautiful rooftop flower garden. 


View of the Amsterdam skyline. 



I used to love the water clock at the Indianapolis Children's Museum when I was little. I was excited to see one here. I wonder if I could put one of these in my front entry...




Stroopwafels. 


Our next stop was at a museum of dutch clothing and outfits.  It was semi-interesting, but away from the rain. 


It looks like this museum has shut down and is now a Dutch Costume Photo Studio. 


Great view of the adjacent church. 


Walking back to our hotel in the rain. 


Waiting for our dinner. 

Tomorrow we visit the famous Rijksmuseum. 

No comments: