Friday, February 17, 2017

Squires Do Europe - Art

Alison and I have started to appreciate and admire artwork more.  We've purchased 5 original paintings for our house and we've got two daughters who are aspiring artists.

Rather than load up the previous posts with pictures of the artwork we liked (although some of the photos below were already included in earlier posts), I've gathered them all here.


These are Monet's water lilies from the Musee de l'Orangerie.


There are two large oval shaped rooms with large paintings of water lilies spanning the rooms.


Kate was the only one in any mood for a photo.


More water lilies.


These next paintings (including the one above) were from the beautiful Musee d'Orsay.


I won't pretend to remember the names or artists from each of these.  The painting above was a little vampire-y.


This painting was huge.


Whistler by James Abbott McNeill.


Next are a few beautiful Monets.





I just love Monet.


Ada painted her own Japanese Bridge once.


Van Gogh.


Van Gogh.


This girl was a little creepy.  One of many statues at Versailles.


I mentioned in another post how much I enjoyed the artwork on the cruise ship.

I went to one of the art auctions on the ship.  Most people were there for the free champagne, I liked the art but I wasn't interested in paying cruise ship prices.





Lastly, a license plate map from one of the on-ship restaurants.


Just two more posts for this trip. Next one is ice cream.

No comments: