Wednesday, November 08, 2006

We won! We won! We won!

Yesterday was election day and for the democrats it was very successful. They regained control of the House and are on the brink of controlling the Senate (It's 50-49 right now for the democrats with one race still too close to call). This will make for an interesting 2 years. Bush will certainly have to learn how to compromise to get anything done. He's made a good start by inviting Nancy Pelosi (majority leader) and other leading democrats to either lunch of coffee on Thursday and Friday.

Local elections were not so exciting. I think that I voted about 60% Republican and 40% Democrat. Here are the results of the race that I was most interested in though


As you can see Judge Lewis was not retained. This is a very good thing. If you doubt this then please reread my post from November 6. I love elections. I especially love them when there are changes that will require those in power to move out of their comfort zones in order to make something happen.

No comments: