Monday, February 09, 2015

Salt Lake to Washington (Day 1)

Now that this little blog has been resurrected and I'm all caught up on posting about our house, it's time to catch up on other posts.

Back in September we took a trip to Washington DC and Virginia mainly to visit Alison's sister Emily (who's husband was deployed to the Middle East just before she had a new baby), but also to see the sites around DC.

We found a super deal on flights on Southwest.  We had a stop at Midway in Chicago, but we didn't even have to get off the plane.  Our flights were delayed out of Salt Lake, which was unfortunate because it put us into Dulles after midnight, and we didn't get to our hotel until nearly 2:00 AM.

I don't remember for sure why Kate was mad at me. I think it was because I let Ada sit by the window...


I was able to coax a smile out of her (by promising M&Ms...).


Lyla was ready for the flight.


Due to the delay, we were able to visit the pilots in the cockpit.  The copilot even offered to let the girls sit in his seat.  Lucky girls!


Ada the copilot.


The girls were great on the flight.  I think they all fell asleep without too much trouble, but of course they were tired when we finally landed in DC.  I liked this floor in the Dulles Airport.


Looking to the side from the bridge with the lighted floor are the airport trams in their lighted tunnels.


We made our way to the rental car agency, grabbed our car and made the drive to the Renaissance Marriott near the convention center in downtown DC.  

No comments: